About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 4, 2012

EMBELLISH YOUR WALLS WITH PAINTINGS

The source for these "paintings" on my dollhouse walls is
www.allposters.de

Again, these need to be copies and pasted to your computer, resized and printed (preferably on glossy photo paper or matt if you prefer) and then cut out. I would recommend in any case not to use simple copy paper. Would be a mess once it comes in contact with glue :) believe me, I know what I'm taking about
 Frames : well, you can buy them of course in any dollhouse shop (online or store). In that case you need to resize your "painting" so that it'll fit in the frame of course
Or you may wanna use another, very simple technique, for more modern paintings like this one.

Simple use a piece of balsa (or any other thin piece of wood). I wood recommend about 3to4 mm thick and paint the borders only, because the back will be glued to your wall, so nobody will ever see that it's not painted and your picture will be glued to the front.

Try to work as accurately as possible, otherwise it won't look very good.
Here's an example where I used frames that I bought in a dollhouse shop.
For a modern house, these beautiful black/white pictures of old (or new) movie stars are perfect. When you print those on glossy photo paper, they look just great. All you need to to is glue them on a black cardboard, slightly larger than your picture and you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment