About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 4, 2012

CURTAINS AND BLINDS

As you can see in these pics, there are endless possibilities for making curtains or blinds for your windows. When you start a huge project like the Grosvenor Hall, believe me, you will think about how much you can make on your own instead of buying everything, which will be really expensive. 

And there is a lot of help out there, books, the Internet of course, youtube, dollhouse.tv, magazines, etc. you just need to take your time to look around and have a little stock of different fabrics and lace etc. 
Believe it or not, these blinds were made with leftover wallpaper pieces, adding some braid around and glued together. 
These were made with a special pleater http://www.danneruff.com/pleater.htm
available in some good online shops.

It's a very very good technique to make curtains, they look soooo realistic. There is a little movie about how to use the pleater at www.dollhouse.tv, but remember, you need a subscription to watch these videos, but they are worth it.


If you have any questions about how I made all these curtains, please don't hesitate to contact me, I'll be glad to help. 
 As you can see here, there are lots of different versions to make curtains. Depending on the fabric you use, they might sometimes be a little stiff, so think about that when you choose your fabric
 

No comments:

Post a Comment