About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

January 22, 2017

THE LOG CABIN : A total Makeover


Hi

sometimes, with your friend knowing you're a miniaturist, they come up with strange ideas asking you to do strange things

hahaha ......  ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† just kidding

First, take a close look at this picture below


 A friend of ours found this one day in her attic. It had a lot of childhood memories of course, but it was in bad bad shape as you cn see in this pictures.

She asked me to make some renovations .... said something about a few coats of fresh paint 

๐Ÿ˜ฎ
WHAT ???

This thing needs more than just a few coats of fresh paint, but nevertheless I agreed to give it a try, with no guarantee on how it might look in the end

well, NOW take a look at this next picture, because this is what she got back when I was done with it 


a beautiful log cabin with an additional room

It's been years now and she still has it in their living room and I'm really thankful she asked me to do that, because it offered me the opportunity to try out a total makeover and it turned out really nice .... I think





No comments:

Post a Comment