About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

January 13, 2017

The MOUNTFIELD Dollhouse Interior .... 4) The Dining Room


Well, hello there ..... so nice you stopped by once again. Shall we continue our Tour of my Mountfield Dollhouse ? Yep ..... OK πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

Today, I'll be showing you the Dining Room. Let's get started with a picture of the entire room before going into more details.



I tried to remain in the same scheme all through the house, so here again, the walls are mainly painted in the same color than the rest of the house but one wall get's either some color or wallpaper. I thought, since this room is adjacent to the living room (there is an open passage between those 2 rooms, no door, seen on the right side in this pic), why not use the rose pattern again. It's not the same wallpaper, but the same style so to say. You might notice that I don't want to stuff/overfill my rooms. I hate that, in real life and in my miniature world. I'm not the modern minimalistic type, but enough is enough. There should always be enough room left for my mini people to move around in their homes, don't you think ?


I painted this beautiful dresser in a dark red color and added some nice knobs instead of the simple wooden ones. I had these beautiful glasses left from a previous project and thought they might add quite an elegant touch to this dresser. The plates are real porcelaine, they were plain white when I bought them, but I added some flowers with decals, because I really am NO painter, neither in miniature, nor in real life size, lol

Oh and take a look at the fridge ..... it's bright ORANGE πŸ˜€
A very good friend of mine has one juste like it in her kitchen and when I saw her's 
(life-size of course), I just had to paint mine the same color.


Well, tonight it's pizza time, yeah.
I made those some time ago, when I made all the Fimo items for my bakery.
At some point, I was so into making Fimo food, just couldn't stop, haha

The little deserts in the middle of the table are also DIY items, as well as the place settnigs.


I painted this dresser in a very light eggshell color and gave it this aged look again. 
You know, one piece of furniture in a brighter color (talking about the dark red dresser you've seen before), is enough for 1 room, because one piece in a different color will always be the eye-catcher in the room.

As you can see, deserts are ready .... I had lots of leftovers after I finished my french bakery, so you'll probably find my home-made desserts, cakes, tarts, etc. all over my other miniature projects

πŸ‘πŸ‘


I had some little space left on the wall so I decided I could use this little shelf for some , beer glasses and tablecloths. 

Hope you enjoyed the tour 

NEXT UP ...... the 2 bathrooms with tons of DIY items, so stay tunes

I really have to update my DIY section here on my blog ..... puh 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

See ya .........



No comments:

Post a Comment