About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

April 11, 2015

DORFPUPPENHAUS ... SMALL SIDE TABLES

Hi everybody,

As you must have guessed by now, I do not only spend a lot of time on making my miniatures, but I do also spend a lot of time on the Internet. I mean, you can't deny it, is is THE BEST SOURCE these days if you search for tutorials, DIY tips etc.

I found a tutorial on Youtube once where these little round wooden parts were used .... for something completely different, but nevertheless, I came up with the idea of using them for making these little side tables.

You really don't need much more to make these simple tables, which you can use in all sorts of miniature projects in 1:12th scale

For the top of the ones you see in the picture below, I used these wooden discs - available f.ex. at amazon.com (I inserted a link below at the end of this post)

For the lower part of the one on the left (in light yellow), I was lucky that I had a box of old unused chess pieces. These are perfect and very useful in making all sorts of DIY minis, just cut of the top and let your imagination go wild :-)

For the second one on the right (in pink), I used spindles, always have a little stock of those. They are available in small packages of either 2, 4, 6 or more at most dollshouse shops. Depending on the hight of your table, you might wanna cut off a small part, depending in the final use of your table.

Once the parts are all glued, start painting. I used some lace to go around the table top and water decals on the yellow one. Decorate and you're done. Real easy project, very suitable for beginners too

TIP : when I glue wood pieces together, I do always use special wood glue, I've come to realize that it usually holds better and longer. My personal favorite is Titebond, but you can of course use tacky glue or any other brand, that's entirely up to you.

Have fun trying out this project

See ya soon
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€




1 comment:

  1. Hi Dany.
    You have such good ideas what to use for DIY project.
    I love your staff.
    Timea

    ReplyDelete