About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

April 11, 2015

DORFPUPPENHAUS ... PAPER PLATES


Hi my miniature friends

Today I wanted to talk a little bit about PAPER PLATES
In the past, I have already tried out FIMO (Polymer clay) to make china for my dollhouses and although it took a while and a lot of practice until everything looked the way I wanted it to, it was worth it. but since I'm a sworn DIYer I always look around for new ways and I read an article once about making paper plates

OK first I said : what ? plates made with paper ? that can't possibly work 😳😳😳
And then I found this paper plate maker on Etsy and with a little patience and a lot of fiddling around, I managed to make plates and  I must say, they don't look bad at all

First I printed all sorts of designs on a piece of light cardboard (this of course only if you're printer is OK with it) but you can also or matt photo paper, which is the option I used for these

I do NOT print out these round shapes directly, I simply print the design on a DIN A4 page (or just half of it, depending on how many plates you wanna make). I bought the miniature paper plate maker and a few round puches in different sizes and that's almost everything you'll need.

First I punched a few with the design on, and a few simple white ones (also from matt photo paper) and glued them together. If you are using one single punch, the plates are definitely gonna be too thin. If you want them to be even more "perfect", punch out a few smaller ones for the middle part of your plates (underneath) and glue one to each plate. Then ... once the glue is dry ... use the paper plate maker (link is below) and you're plates are almost done. Just need a few layers of varnish (whatever kind you have) and you're done.

have fun




So tell me what you're thinking ... are they OK, my little paper plates 
I decided to hang these on the walls in my Dorfpuppenhaus
They also add a lot of color and a lot of character to this little kitchen


This is a picture of the plate maker I purchases on Etsy


If you make your own paper plates, even with a different method, I'll be very happy to see a few pictures, so feel free to get in touch by email (dmzminiatures@gmail.com)

See ya soon
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

No comments:

Post a Comment