About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

April 25, 2012

DIY : Posters, Pictures and more


Hi there

I wanted to talk a little bit about making your own posters and pictures for your dollhouses
And if you don't feel like making your own frames, this modern version of making some is 
simply perfect for you


I like black/white photos, especially the old ones showing NYC, or movies stars and singers. I have quite a few in my own house. And it's a real easy and quick project for your dollhouse too. 

For my miniatures pictures and/or posters, well I mostly find mine on www.allposters.de.
In the picture above, I chose a beautiful picture of a well known Jazz Singer, downsized it and printed it on glossy photo paper. Juste leave a little white all around the pic and glue on a black or dark grey piece of thick paper or cardboard and you're done.

My husband plays the guitar and the piano, must be the main reason why I have those in almost every dollhouse or room box I've made :-))


Here's another one I made for the Lavender Living Room in the Grosvenor Hall.
First I thought it would go very well with the already flowered wallpaper, but once I had it cut out, the more I looked at it hanging on the wall, the more I liked it
This picture was glued on a piece of balsa wood (use the thickness of your choice), which I painted lavender around the borders. After the paint had well dried, I glued on my poster (printed on glossy photo paper again) and there you go : you have another painting ready


Another example, posters printed on glossy photo paper, with a little white border, 



As you can see this is a very very simple technique and still, the end result looks really stunning



Have fun
See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€




No comments:

Post a Comment