About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 12, 2012

THE KITCHEN THAT DIDN'T FIT


Look at this beautiful modern kitchen. It has absolutely everything a contemporary kitchen needs and I got it from www.miniatures.com, especially for my summer retreat. It has a center island too, which is not shown in this photo. I was all happy to have a kitchen ready to be decorated, but then ..... ups ..... IT JUST DIDN'T FIT  :-(( 




So, there wasn't much left to do here ! I did not wanna spend more money on another kitchen and I was pretty sure that the one I bought would most certainly find a place in another house some day.

I then made a huge decision : I wanted to build one all by myself !! I had never done this before so the first thing I did was drawing a plan for a kitchen that would fit this time. I had these nice black/white tile sheets and also the white material to build the kitchen, so all I had to do was trying to figure out how to get something together that would look (at least more or less) like the kitchen I had bought previously.
This is a view of the other side of my kitchen and I must say that I am quite proud of myself, although not every detail is perfect, but at least I know now which mistakes I should avoid next time. And once it was decorated, it looked really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment