About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 11, 2012

FLOWERS & PLANTS : Flower Soft


Hi

A while ago I discovered this wonderful product flower soft, very helpful for any hobby miniaturist trying her or his hand at making flowers



I will describe several techniques in others posts (search for the posts with the label FLOWERS) you can try out if you're going to make your own flowers or plants for your dollhouses and miniature scenes. It's mostly cheaper, it's fun, but it also takes patience and a calm hand. But the 1st thing you should try to find out is what kind of mini-gardner you are going to be ..... meaning : try out the different ways to make your flowers and plants and then go for the technique that you'll like the best.


One of the greatest inventions is FLOWER SOFT, so that's what this post is going to be about.

It's a great and really easy way to make your own flowers. The one's you see in this picture were my first try with flower soft and they don't look bad at all. All you need to to is dip your florist wire into some glue and then into the flower soft and that's it.



Here's another one I made with FLOWER SOFT, using only the lavender color and a few tiny little leaves (cut from plastic aquarium greenery). As for the planting, you can fill your little pots either with left-over fimo (not the air drying one !!), or with florist floral arrangement foam, push in your flowers, add a little glue one top (best is a transparent one like UHU f.ex.) and cover with tea to simulate potting soil (I had some tea in the kitchen that was definitely too old to be used as such, so I emptied all the little tea bags and I had plenty of potting soil for my mini plants)  

Below are just a few more examples of what I've made so far using Flower Soft




In case you might wanna take a closer look, here the link :




No comments:

Post a Comment