About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 11, 2012

GREEN PLANTS from kits

Some dollhouse shops carry these laster cut kits, which are of course a great alternative to making the entire plant yourself. Usually they have to be colored, which I would recommend doing before cutting them out. The florist wire is included in almost all these kits and once the leaved are glued to it, you should allow the glue to dry for at least 2 hours. Since florist wire in bendable, once you start planting, you can easily shape your leaves the way you want.

This one here was also made with a laser cut kit, all the required pieces came within the kit and to make this kind of plant look as realistic as possible, I had to use 3 different kind of green color (allowing to let the 1st coat dry of course before applying the next one)

This wonderful palm tree has been made from a kit too, if I do remember correctly, I think it was from Jeannetta Kendall. If you wanna take a glimpse at what such a kit looks like, here's a link, just to give you the idea

http://www.cottonridge.com/servlet/the-2167/Miniature-Palm-Leaves-Kit/Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment