About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

April 23, 2017

The Lavender Shop : vintage candle holders


Hello everyone

Allthough they aren't entirely finished, I just wanted to allow you a little glimpse at the
vintage candle holders I made

I still need to make the candles and add a finishing touch, but they start to look good already

They are made of all sorts of jewellery findings, caps, metal beads, etc.

I'm using these long head pins to keep everything together and once the glue has set, I simply add some color (acrylic paint does the job, no problem)

That's why I leave the top of the pin at that stage, in order to have something to hold it while painting. This can be cut off once you're done of course.

I always leave a few mm, because it's a good way to hold the candle 
(which I make with Polymer Clay)

I used ecru, putting one just 1 layer of color, so that the metal still looks through at least a bit.

Once it is dry, I just add a tiny little bit of wood stain and here's the result

Hope you like 'em


they will look much better of course once the candles are added
so stay tuned, there's more to come

*** UPDATE *** UPDATE ***
June 26th, 2017


This is the final result ..... hm, now that I look at the picture, I do realize that the candles
aren't very straight 😏😏😏😏

I made that little table do display the candle holders later in the front window of my shop

Come back soon ... I'm not finished yet

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€


4 comments:

  1. Preciosos y muy elegantes!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar, I also think the vintage look is quite elegant
      See you soon
      D.

      Delete
  2. Your candlesticks turned out really well, Dany! I like the muted paint finish on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz
      yes I tried to give them sort of an aged, vintage look ..... didn't turn out so bad I guess
      see you
      Hugs
      D.

      Delete