About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

January 29, 2017

MY FLOWER SHOP


Hi everyone

Many years back, I made a flower shop, even though I thought for years that I would never be able to make flowers or plants or any other kind of greenery.

But I decided to give it a try, then another one .... and one more
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
and at some point I had put together enough items to finally start thinking about making a flower shop

It has, among others, been featured in American Miniaturist Magazine, ass well as in Dollshouse World Magazine, which makes me very proud

When it comes to making miniature flowers, there are sooooo many different ways that it somehow just frightened me and I didn't know where to start

OK, before I'll go into more details, let's take a look at the shop first


This picture shows the front of my shop. You'll notice that there is a little garden shed on one side.
In fact, I wanted to keep my shop as clean as possible for my customers, that's why all the "dirty work" is done in the shed. But customers are of course welcome to come inside and take a look.


This is the front, with 2 beautiful shop windows where lots of nice flower arrangements are displayed


An here's a closer look at the shed, which is the working area ... we'll go inside later, don't worry

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Once my kit was put together (I won't go over the building process here), and all the paint jobs were done, the interior was ready, the first thing I did was purchasing some of that beautiful white wicker furniture, which was perfect to display all the flowers and vases etc. in my shop


Of course, I had to buy lots of accessories too, like vases, flower pots, glass vases and and and ....
the list is endless, but the end result looks great


A nice way to display some vases with very simple flower arrangements is to add a small wall shelf


Here's the second one


You gotta admit that this white wicker furniture looks great inside a flower shop


Most flower arrangements I made are a mix of loose flowers I purchases, aquarium and other greenery, dried flowers, silk flowers, flower soft etc


At least my shop is well filled and my customers have lots of choices


A few ones simpl displayed on a table


Another corner with lots of vases and nice bouquets


Some pots with flower arrangements are hanging on the walls


Of course there is a huge choice of loose flowers to make bouquets just like the customer want them


A made a slight elevation to display my flowers


I always test my lights and of course my final display before adding the front wall and the top 
(easier acces is the main reason to do this)


My little garden shed / workspace, has a glass top, because natural daylight 
is important for plants and flowers


See what happens in the busy place


One wall has a big shelf where all sorts of flower arrangements are ready to be displayed in the shop


This is Harry ..... busy busy busy


The work table


A closer view at the bucket filled with fresh earth to plant 

Over the years, following the making of this project, I learned a lot about flower making and I started to make more and more myself ..... but this is gonna be a different post, so stay tuned

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€






No comments:

Post a Comment