About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

August 31, 2018

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Hi everyone

after thinking about it for a long time, I decided to no longer continue my blog for different reasons, one of them being that so few people seem to show interest in my miniatures

I wanna thank my few followers for being here

I intended to continue my Pinterest Boards, but in the end I decided to delete those too, since the problem is the same ... not enough people showing interest and it has just become too frustrating

I will keep my dollhouses and simply continue to work on those from time to time, but other than that, I'm giving up making miniatures after 25 years

It might seem sad to some of you. But sometimes I wonder if it hadn't been better for me to just keep my mini world to myself. In the beginning, it was hard because I felt kind of lonely, living in a place where nobody knew anything about this wonderful hobby.

But I guess it would have been much better for me if I kept to myself, which unfortunately I didn't do and all this only led to frustration and to the point where I don't wanna share anything anymore.

I also quit making tutorials and writing features about me dollhouses and other projects for A.M. Magazine.

Anyway, take care of yourselves and be happy

😢😢😢

Bye
Have fun making minis

D.


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you go. I have just stumbled upon your blog. So it was a short getting to know you.
    Hope you will still enjoy making minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about you leaving. Will you still make minis? I'm not a fb person, but I will go on and get on your page. I love everything you do, I can't afford it though. God bless you in your future endeavors. I wish I knew how to send pics of my things to you. Nothing great, but, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to see you go, I enjoy visiting your blog and looking at the different shops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just discovered your blog as I was searching for people who built the Malibu beach house kit, which I recently acquired. I have marked it as blog to follow as there seems to be a lot to explore. It's just there is so much on internet these days it's hard to stand out. Still, thank you for all the time you put into it, being new to miniatures, I am sure I will find a lot of interesting stuff here. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to see you go. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this blog. It has been informative and interesting to read. All the best in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dany, I don't read blogs anymore. I am more on Facebook as you probably guessed. I have always admired your great talent and I just happened to be looking at your houses today on You Tube. They are so amazing. See you on Facebook then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you just need to take a good long break from your passions. I did for 12 years then I got back into miniatures so who knows what the future may hold for you?
    Meanwhile, take care of yourself Dany, and enjoy your "extended holiday" and hopefully you'll find your way back if and when you ever decide to return. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Dany
    Sorry to hear you are finishing your blog. Thank you for all your efforts and sharing of your lovely work I really enjoyed your style and the enjoyment you have for miniatures it is an inspiration.Take care and keep safe.Diva from Downunder

    ReplyDelete