About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

December 6, 2012

DIY : Holding the Tablecloth


Hello my mini friends

You've probably all come along this particular problem that I'd like to talk about today :
using a piece of fabric as a tablecloth, you cut it nicely, even put some weight on it, and once it's on the table, it looks like a flying saucer ready to take off, it just doesn't stay down, does it ?

πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Well, here's a trick that will most certainly help you out


All you need is some starch and a few clamps to hold it together ... 
and of course something to put it on top of 

In this case I used a round piece of fabric (already cut to the right size of course, sprayed it with starch and in order to let it dry I put it on top of the bottle of starch, upside down. 

Then I put the clamps all around, as you can see in the picture and let it dry. 
Once it has dried, all you need to do is maybe add a little trim (which I will do of course ...... this was just a try) and put the entire thing on a round table or any other support that might fit.


And as you can see, it stays there .... and no longer wants to take off

See ya
πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas!! Thankyou, love the paper clips round the tablecloth sprayed with starch! Will do this one!

    ReplyDelete