About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

September 20, 2012

DIY : Handbags, Suitcases and more

Hello ladies

yes, I said ladies, because this post is about something we ladies all have in common .... well almost all of us, lol

the love for handbags and shoes

😍😍😍


I've been a subscriber to some dollhouse miniature magazines for years (Amercian Miniaturist, Dollshouse World, Dollshouse Miniatures, some in printed version, others as iMag version) and over the years, there were several tutorials about how to make handbags .... including the pattern.
But I never really tried my hand on making those. Especially since I couldn't find the real thin glove leather, which is essential if you wanna use leather. If it's too thick, it's an absolute NO GO for making miniatures.

But after I subscribed to dollshouse.tv, I saw a video tutorial where the late (and very much missed) Joyce Dean shows how to make the cute litte purses ... and I guess it was just the right time for me to give it a try

 

OK, should I intend to open a shop to sell purses, I guess I'll need a little bit more practice, but all in all, they turned out more or less ok .... I think

😎😎😎

 

These were all made of leather, but of course you can use fabric too, that's entirely up to you.

 I think that even in miniature, they're a beautiful addition to any woman's wardrobe and easy to make. Once you have your leather or any kind of fabric,  together with a few cute accents (and of course a pattern to start with), you'll be able to make those in no time. There are many many styles and colors etc. just go and give it a try.

If you looking for patterns, check dollshouse magazines, there are often tutorials to make all sorts of items for your miniature scenes

And of course there's the Internet .... always a very helpful tool (Youtube, Google, Pinterest)

************* UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE **************

Here's another one I made in 2016, I found the pattern on Pinterest.



This cute little suitcase was made with a couple of pieces of balsa wood and some leather 
I made a tutorial on how to make it, published in AM Magazine (see below)





I made these cute beach bags (or shoppers if you prefer), using up my fabric leftovers

As you can, there's an endless list of what you can do when it comes to our favourite accessories

Stay tuned, there more to come

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€



1 comment: