About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

March 19, 2012

POLYMER CLAY MINI FOOD CREATIONS

  • Hi everybody ...... today I would like to talk about polymer clay. I've been a hobby miniaturist in 1:12 scale for almost 18 years now but so far, I never tried myself at making mini food. Well, I tried to make a few cups and plates a few years ago, but since they ended up looking really terrible, I kinda gave up, which I usually never do. But I thought that this FIMO thing just wasn't for me. But recently (a few weeks ago) I started to look into my books again about making dollhouse food out of polymer clay and this time, I tried to find some tips on the Internet and I found many helpful tutorials on youtube. And after a while, I started to buy some FIMO and gave it another try. I already had a lot of other accessories, like a pasta machine and many tools like an extruder f.ex. And this is what I ended up with ..... it seems like I just can't put it down anymore, lol. OK, I still need to learn a lot, that's why I practice almost every day. But it's getting better a little bit each time.

Some square and rectangular plates to serve chinese or japanese food

Tea Time

A bowl

A plate of ham/cheese sandwiches

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your creations! Totally awesome!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is wonderful Dany!!
    Hugs
    vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teapots and the plates.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found your Blog :) I just started to play with Fimo for the first time ever and having so much fun with it! Your creations looks great!!
    Regards, Jannet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geesh, you must be a natural. I can't begin to do this stuff. You encourage me. Thanks. I've made other minis from things around the house, but polymer clay is something I am barely a baby at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathey
    I'm far away from being a natural :-) it just took lots of practice especially with the polymer clay. I won't even begin to tell you how many ended up in the trash the first few weeks. But you gotta believe in yourself and just keep on going
    I'm the living proof
    Hugs
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where do you get books on this?

      Delete
    2. Hi Anne ..... I purchased most of the books an Amazon, it's really a great source for books on the subject
      I'm planning on writing a post about my favourite books anyway, so,come back soon if you like
      Hugs
      Dany

      Delete