About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

March 2, 2012

DIY PHOTO ALBUMS FROM PRINTIES


PRINTABLES to use in your dollhouse and miniature projects are widely available on the Internet (and the best thing is that they are mostly free) 
It's a great source if you want to make your own stuff instead of buying everything. And you can personalize your projects by using your own family photos to make an album f.ex.
These are really fun projects.

 


 If you want to use your own pictures to create a miniature photo album for your dollhouse, scan your pictures or import them to your computer directly from your digital camera or cell phone. Second step would be to get them to the correct size. If you're not sure about the size, just measure a real photo and divide by 12 ..... πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ easy peasy

 After that comes the printing part of course. It is useful to have a good printer at home in order to have a good quality end result, otherwise, the people in your mini pictures will be completely unrecognizable.

But the picture above shows an album which I found on a website for free printables, for personal use only of course. Use your search engine with the terms MINIATURE DOLLHOUSE FREE PRINTABLES and you should be able to find quite a lot.

                                     

As you can see I made several albums :-) because with these free printables it's really easy and fast, just needs a little cutting out and some glue and a calm hand of course. I also made a little pile of postcards and some travel guides, which have all found their place in my cute little travel memory box (shown on a previous post)

********************

Another very good source for printable is a website where you can buy the printable projects and only need to finish them with some glue. That way you can avoid the parts where you have to downsize, print and cut out

I added the link in the "LINKS" departement, look for PRINTMINI.COM
It's worth to take a look, they have lots of wonderful mini things 

Enjoy and stay tuned ....

See ya
πŸ‘»πŸ‘»



No comments:

Post a Comment